This privacy notice explains how New Forest Activities uses your personal information and the ways in which we protect your privacy. This includes information collected by letter, email, face to face, telephone or online. New Forest Activities will never wilfully disclose individually identifiable information about its customers to any third party without first receiving that customer’s permission. By using our services you agree to accept this privacy notice. This notice may be reviewed from time to time so please check back here each time you submit personal data to us.
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
You can ask us to stop processing your personal data at any time. This may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you. We will try to meet your request but we may be required to hold or process information to meet our legal duties. You are entitled to request access to and a copy of any information we hold about you. If you find that the information that New Forest Activities holds about you is no longer accurate, you have the right to ask to have this corrected. We may not always be able to change or remove the information. However, we will correct factual inaccuracies and may include your comments in the records.
What information do we collect and why?
We will only ever collect the information we need – including data that will be useful to help improve our services. We collect two kinds of information:
- Non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular our pages are. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- Personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, email address.
We collect this information in connection with specific activities, such as activity bookings, indemnity forms and medical information, booking enquiries, newsletter requests, voucher purchases, brochure downloads, competition entries etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse the website. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
What do we do with the information?
We will use the information you provide to:
- Fulfil your requests – such as booking an activity, sign you in to activities, send you requested marketing material, brochure downloads, competition entries, voucher purchases, etc.
- Process sales transactions or other payments and verify financial transactions through our booking system Fareharbor.
- Handle bookings and communicate with you about bookings via Google’s email suite, GSuite.
- Record any contact we have with you using our secure CRM system Hubspot.
- If you have agreed to it, provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you via our mailing system, MailChimp.
When you book with New Forest Activities some details will be needed to complete your booking and process your payment, this may include your name, email address, phone number, and postal address. Bank details are processed through this system but are not stored. We use Fareharbor for our booking system.
In compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from the 25th May 2018 we will only send marketing information to people who have said that they agree to us doing so via an opt-in process. Those that already subscribe to our email marketing that have not opted in via GDPR regulations, will be asked if they would like to opt-in to this service. The option to opt-out of marketing communications will be available at all times.
Communication via post is minimal and usually in relation to a request for a gift voucher. We do not store address information for posting vouchers outside of our digital systems.
Indemnity and medical forms
When taking part in an activity you will be asked to sign an indemnity form, this requires your name and signature. You will also have the option to opt-in to our email marketing by providing your email address. For some activities you will be asked to complete a medical form, this information will be held by New Forest Activities for a reasonable time under the HSW Act and regulations related, but not limited to the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA).
What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information with other organisations to use for their own purposes.
If you would like further information about any of the details in this notice, please contact us by email, phone or post:
Phone: 01590 612377
Write to: New Forest Activities, High Street, Beaulieu, SO42 7YA