Join the New Forest Activities team!
Work with New Forest Activities
From outdoor instructors to members of the office team, we offer a variety of job roles and opportunities that are available to enthusiastic and friendly people who would like to join our busy team.
Each year we recruit seasonal staff and run apprenticeship schemes to give successful candidates an opportunity to learn on the job and develop their career. We also look for people who can bring something special to the team for our full time and permanent roles.
Join the fun in the forest.
New Forest Activities are looking for someone to join our growing team. We are based in Beaulieu in the heart of the New Forest National Park.
You will be employed to learn and develop valuable skills, whilst supporting our customer service, sales and marketing team. This role offers great scope to develop, working in a busy office alongside a small and committed team of people. The NFA office is open 7-days a week. We’re looking to fill a full-time role, completing a Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship over a 12-18 month period with us.
All of our staff benefit from:
- Supportive colleagues, all working in a small business with a family feel
- Having a clear progression and training plan to help to grow their potential
- Access to some of our equipment and venues for training and fun, with friends and family discounts, so others can join the fun too
What you’ll need to apply:
We are looking for a motivated and honest person to join our team. If you fit the following, we’d love to hear from you:
- Ambitious and keen to learn
- Confident around people, face-to-face and on the phone
- Comfortable using computers and able to take good notes
- Have a minimum English and Maths skills equivalent to GCSE A-C or Level 4-5
- Applicants must be able to drive as travel between sites may sometimes be required
What you’ll do:
Working alongside our busy office team, your job is to help us continue to grow New Forest Activities. This job is the frontline of our customer service provision. Using a suite of powerful software systems, you’ll be involved in the following as part of the role:
- Taking and recording the details of incoming phone calls
- Responding to emails and enquiry forms from our website
- Booking people onto activities and answering their questions
- Managing payment transactions, financial data inputs and cashing up
- Liaising with the activities team to ensure a smooth customer experience
- Troubleshooting customer issues and feeding back to the senior team
- Supporting customers and activity staff with elements of our cycle hire provision
The office is open 7-days a week and you’ll be required to work weekends as standard, sharing this cover with other members of staff. Your working week will be 8 hours per day, 5 days a week. Your rate of pay will start at £4.30ph, with opportunities for this to increase with time served.
How do I apply?
To apply for the job, you’ll need to do two things:
Send in a copy of your CV. Primarily so we have all your contact details, but also so we can verify a little about what you’ve done up to this point.
Provide a sentence or two which gives us information on the following:
- What experience you have relevant to this position (if none, just being confident talking to people is a good start)
- What skills you have to offer us and those you’d like to develop
- A hobby or passion you spend time on and what you get from doing this.
If you would like to put yourself forward for an interview, complete the above and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, email for more information or with any questions.
The post is being advertised until we find the right person. We will contact you with an interview date if we deem you suitable.
Thank you for your interest.