Outdoor activities are ‘assumed risk’ sports that may carry attendant risks. Participants should be aware of and accept these risks, and be responsible for their own action and involvement.
General Participation Agreement
You must read and agree to the following statements before taking part in your activity:
- I agree to adhere to the information given to me by New Forest Activities staff, with regards to my own and the group’s safety
- I will remain with the group and within the boundaries set by the instructor in charge at all times
- I agree to wear the correct safety equipment whilst taking part in activities and when directed by the instructor
- I agree to respect the environment with regards to litter and noise
- I agree that violence and abuse to other participants and members of the New Forest Activities team is unacceptable
- I fully understand that instructors have the right to remove myself or a member of my group from a session, if I/they are deemed to be unfit to take part safely, due to the influence of drugs or alcohol
- I will inform the instructor in charge of any medical conditions or injuries which may affect my performance (all disclosures are confidential)
- I will carry or provide the instructor with any medication I may need whilst I participate in the activity.
Additional COVID-19 Agreement
In addition to our standard Participation Agreement, the following conditions apply to participants on all of our bookings, whilst government social distancing guidelines are in place:
- I agree that I haven’t knowingly been in direct contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 21 days
- I agree to abide by social distancing as per current government policy, whilst taking part in activities and on New Forest Activities property
- I agree that should an instructor have to break social distancing to provide support, first aid or to carry out a rescue, that I will allow the instructor to do so
- I agree that if social distancing protocols are required to be broken for any reason, a record of this will be made to aid contact tracing
- I agree to maintain personal safety, including handwashing and limiting close contact to only my own family/group
- I agree that the safety measures that have been introduced at New Forest Activities are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus, but that these risks cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, I acknowledge that I will be taking part at my own risk.
Please note: Parents and guardians are responsible for all under 18’s in their care in regards to the statements above. Group leaders are also responsible to ensure that all parents/guardians of unaccompanied children have given full consent for their participation.
Photos and/or videos may be taken during your session which will be used for promotional literature. If you would not like your image taken, please make your instructor aware.
If you have any questions regarding any of the statements listed above, please do get in touch.