Join the New Forest Activities team!
Work with New Forest Activities
From outdoor instructors to members of the office team, we offer a variety of job roles and opportunities that are available to enthusiastic and friendly people who would like to join our busy team.
Each year we recruit seasonal staff and run apprenticeship schemes to give successful candidates an opportunity to learn on the job and develop their career. We also look for people who can bring something special to the team for our full time and permanent roles.
Start your adventure in the great outdoors!
At New Forest Activities we offer an Outdoor Instructor Apprentice scheme lasting 12 months. Each year we give three lucky people a kick start into the fabulous world of outdoor activities.
What you’ll need:
We are looking for motivated and honest young people. We can take both school leavers and those a bit older and wiser looking for a new opportunity. Being over 18 will be an advantage as many of the awards are not valid until you reach this age. We do take one 16-year-old each year. You’ll need:
- Key skills at C or above. This can be done alongside your placement
- Be fit enough to take on the role of an activity leader
- You’ll need to be a motivated, honest and confident person
- Experience in outdoor activities will be an advantage
You’ll be expected to become a strong member of our activities team, we are looking for motivated people with a passion for the outdoors. 80% of any instructor position will be customer-facing; customer service, group management and dealing with clients will be key areas of the position.
You’ll complete a level 3 Apprenticeship Industry Standard in outdoor activities. Your year’s apprenticeship can be flexible and will continue for 12 months from your start date. The apprenticeship scheme will involve:
- 40 hours per week across 5 days
- £4.15 per hour
- Working most weekends
- 28 days holiday
Depending on your ability, experience and motivation you’ll have the chance to complete or work towards the following. These will be signed off and certified towards the end of your year’s apprenticeship once you have completed all the various elements of the awards.
- First Aid
- Battlefield LIVE Marshall Training and Assessment
- PPA Sea, Canoe and Touring
- Foundation Safety and Rescue
- British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Award
- ERCA High and Low Ropes Instructor
- Archery GB Award
- Bike Maintenance
Those joining with existing awards and qualifications may have the option of completing:
- ERCA High Ropes Rescuer
- Level 2 Paddle Sports Coach
- 4 Star Sea Kayak Training and Assessment
What you’ll get:
An apprenticeship with New Forest Activities will provide you with a great start into the world of outdoor adventure activities. Through hands-on experience on the job, the key benefits of being an apprentice include:
- Earn a salary while you learn the responsibilities and roles of outdoor professionals
- Receive training and assessments in industry qualifications
- Support as you learn and train
- Future prospects
- Earning while you’re learning
Apprentices do a real job, so you’re paid while you learn.
Training and assessments:
You’ll learn on the job, building up knowledge and skills, gaining qualiﬁcations and earning money all at the same time. You work towards a work-based qualiﬁcation such as an (NVQ) and other nationally recognised qualiﬁcations.
There will be an intensive training period through the winter. It will be cold and wet and you’ll be expected to develop your skills and ability ready for groups and activities in March.
Support during training:
We will support you during training and it’s always our aim to help you throughout as the course will be challenging. It’s our job to make sure you have the correct training in order to carry out your duties as part of the New Forest Activities team. We have NVQ assessors in-house to help you understand both the written and practical side of the apprenticeship.
A word of warning:
To complete an apprenticeship you must satisfy the requirements for your key skills (Maths, English and Science GCSE’s, C grade or higher).
This is not an easy option for those fed up with teachers and education. You’ll be expected and paid to work hard and learn. Missing days, arriving late and not doing what you’ve been trained to do won’t simply get you a detention.
Please note, this apprenticeship does not include accommodation.
For those who feel that hard work, long days and working in all weather in the glorious outdoors could be for them, get in touch.
How do I apply?
If you would like to put yourself forward for an interview or to find out more contact email@example.com.
Customer Service Apprentice
Join the fun in the forest. New Forest Activities are looking for someone to join our growing team. We are based in the village of Beaulieu in the heart of the New Forest National Park.
You will be employed to learn and develop valuable skills, whilst supporting our customer service, sales and marketing team. This role offers great scope to develop, working in a busy office alongside a small and committed team of people. The NFA office is open 7-days a week. We’re looking to fill a full-time role, completing a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship over a 12-18 month period with us.
All of our staff benefit from:
- Supportive colleagues, all working in a small business with a family feel
- Having a clear progression and training plan to help to grow their potential
- Access to some of our equipment and venues for training and fun, with friends and family discounts, so others can join the fun too
What you’ll need to apply:
We are looking for a motivated and honest person to join our team. If you fit the following, we’d love to hear from you:
- Be 18, or 18 during your 1st year with us
- Ambitious and keen to learn
- Confident around people, face-to-face and on the phone
- Comfortable using computers and able to take good notes
- Have a minimum English and Maths skills equivalent to GCSE A-C or Level 4-5
What you’ll do:
Working alongside our busy office team, your job is to help us continue to grow New Forest Activities. This job is the frontline of our customer service provision. Using a suite of powerful software systems, you’ll be involved in the following as part of the role:
- Taking and recording the details of incoming phone calls
- Responding to emails and enquiry forms from our website
- Booking people onto activities and answering their questions
- Managing payment transactions, financial data inputs and cashing up
- Liaising with the activities team to ensure a smooth customer experience
- Troubleshooting customer issues and feeding back to the senior team
- Supporting customers and activity staff with elements of our cycle hire provision
The office is open 7-days a week and you’ll be required to work weekends as standard, sharing this cover with other members of staff. Your working week will be 8 hours per day, 5 days a week. Your rate of pay will start at £4.15ph, with opportunities for this to increase with time served.
How do I apply?
To apply for the job, you’ll need to do two things:
- Send in a copy of your CV. Primarily so we have all your contact details, but also so we can verify a little about what you’ve done up to this point.
- Provide a sentence or two which gives us information on the following:
- What experience you have relevant to this position (if none, just being confident talking to people is a good start)
- What skills you have to offer us and those you’d like to develop
- A hobby or passion you spend time on and what you get from doing this.
If you would like to put yourself forward for an interview, complete the above and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, email for more information or with any questions.
The post is being advertised until we find the right person. We will contact you with an interview date if we deem you suitable.
Thank you for your interest.