Join the 2018 New Forest Activities team!
Work with New Forest Activities
From outdoor instructors to members of the office team, we offer a variety of job roles and opportunities that are available to enthusiastic and friendly people who would like to join our busy team.
Each year we recruit seasonal staff and run apprenticeship schemes to give successful candidates an opportunity to learn on the job and develop their career. We also look for people who can bring something special to the team for our full time and permanent roles.
For 2018 we are looking for fantastic people to fill the following roles;
- Activities Instructor (Seasonal – full time, May – Nov)
- Activities Assistant (part time holidays & weekends, year round)
- Outdoor Activities Apprentice (full time, 12 month contract)
Register your interest in a position with New Forest Activities by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking for candidates to fill the following roles to assist with the daily running of the New Forest Activities booking office:
Full Time Office Apprentice (40 hours per week)
You’ll contribute to the smooth running of the office including taking bookings, answering the phone and providing excellent customer service during the week and weekends. We are looking for motivated and honest young people to join our office team. Successful candidates will have the following job responsibilities:
- Updating and managing our booking system on a day-day basis, including production of course reports for instructors
- Updating and managing Capsule (CRM) daily as per booking process. End of month/weekly reports to include checking tags, task lists etc
- Dealing with customer enquiries over the phone, via email and walk in customers
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and the Google Suite is preferable. We’re a local information point so knowledge of the local area will be beneficial as well
- Promoting and selling our activities, vouchers and membership deals
- Cleaning, opening and shut down office procedures. Reporting any maintenance needs to your line manager. Maintaining a clean and productive working environment, both digital & physical
- Covering the cycle hire and other office roles as required due to absence or low staffing levels
- Be aware of local events and impacts on customer travel times etc e.g. The New Forest Show
- Ensure customer refunds or disputes are dealt with quickly and professionally and passed to your line-manger when support is required
- Liaising with external sites and suppliers e.g. Catering, CET, Sopley Lakes etc if bookings require it
Overall responsibilities of working for New Forest Activities
- To consider and ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times
- Promote our sustainable use of the outdoors to clients and the New Forest Activities team
- To adhere to all relevant sections of New Forest Activities’ written policies and those laid out by law
- To ask for clarification and advice on any aspect of the business or task
- To conduct oneself in a manner befitting that of a NFA employee
- Strive to improve your knowledge and performance, aspiring to be the best you can be
Sound like a role you’d be interested in? To apply or register your interest contact email@example.com