Join the New Forest Activities team!
Work with New Forest Activities
From outdoor instructors to members of the office team, we offer a variety of job roles and opportunities that are available to enthusiastic and friendly people who would like to join our busy team.
Each year we recruit seasonal staff and run apprenticeship schemes to give successful candidates an opportunity to learn on the job and develop their career. We also look for people who can bring something special to the team for our full time and permanent roles.
Start your adventure in the great outdoors!
At New Forest Activities we offer an Outdoor Instructor Apprentice scheme lasting 12 months. Each year we give three lucky people a kick start into the fabulous world of outdoor activities.
What you’ll need:
We are looking for motivated and honest young people. We can take both school leavers and those a bit older and wiser looking for a new opportunity. Being over 18 will be an advantage as many of the awards are not valid until you reach this age. We do take one 16-year-old each year. You’ll need:
- Key skills at C or above. This can be done alongside your placement
- Be fit enough to take on the role of an activity leader
- You’ll need to be a motivated, honest and confident person
- Experience in outdoor activities will be an advantage
You’ll be expected to become a strong member of our activities team, we are looking for motivated people with a passion for the outdoors. 80% of any instructor position will be customer-facing; customer service, group management and dealing with clients will be key areas of the position.
You’ll complete a level 3 Apprenticeship Industry Standard in outdoor activities. Your year’s apprenticeship can be flexible and will continue for 12 months from your start date. The apprenticeship scheme will involve:
- 40 hours per week across 5 days
- £4.15 per hour
- Working most weekends
- 28 days holiday
Depending on your ability, experience and motivation you’ll have the chance to complete or work towards the following. These will be signed off and certified towards the end of your year’s apprenticeship once you have completed all the various elements of the awards.
- First Aid
- Battlefield LIVE Marshall Training and Assessment
- PPA Sea, Canoe and Touring
- Foundation Safety and Rescue
- British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Award
- ERCA High and Low Ropes Instructor
- Archery GB Award
- Bike Maintenance
Those joining with existing awards and qualifications may have the option of completing:
- ERCA High Ropes Rescuer
- Level 2 Paddle Sports Coach
- 4 Star Sea Kayak Training and Assessment
What you’ll get:
An apprenticeship with New Forest Activities will provide you with a great start into the world of outdoor adventure activities. Through hands-on experience on the job, the key benefits of being an apprentice include:
- Earn a salary while you learn the responsibilities and roles of outdoor professionals
- Receive training and assessments in industry qualifications
- Support as you learn and train
- Future prospects
- Earning while you’re learning
Apprentices do a real job, so you’re paid while you learn.
Training and assessments:
You’ll learn on the job, building up knowledge and skills, gaining qualiﬁcations and earning money all at the same time. You work towards a work-based qualiﬁcation such as an (NVQ) and other nationally recognised qualiﬁcations.
There will be an intensive training period through the winter. It will be cold and wet and you’ll be expected to develop your skills and ability ready for groups and activities in March.
Support during training:
We will support you during training and it’s always our aim to help you throughout as the course will be challenging. It’s our job to make sure you have the correct training in order to carry out your duties as part of the New Forest Activities team. We have NVQ assessors in-house to help you understand both the written and practical side of the apprenticeship.
A word of warning:
To complete an apprenticeship you must satisfy the requirements for your key skills (Maths, English and Science GCSE’s, C grade or higher).
This is not an easy option for those fed up with teachers and education. You’ll be expected and paid to work hard and learn. Missing days, arriving late and not doing what you’ve been trained to do won’t simply get you a detention.
Please note, this apprenticeship does not include accommodation.
For those who feel that hard work, long days and working in all weather in the glorious outdoors could be for them, get in touch.
How do I apply?
If you would like to put yourself forward for an interview or to find out more contact email@example.com.
Start your journey making films and creating content!
This role is something a little extra special, so we’re looking for someone special too!
At New Forest Activities we are offering an amazing opportunity for a keen and creative young person. We recognise that as a business, it’s important for us to document what we do and then share it with our audience.
As we grow, our in-house team needs support to achieve this. That’s why we’ve created an apprentice role as a Junior Content Producer. The successful applicant will be employed full-time, gaining a Level 3 Apprentice award over the first 12 months.
Marketing is changing, with video and content fast becoming the #1 thing businesses need to be turning their hands to. Be part of this revolution and learn your craft within a business that sells fun!
You will be employed to learn and develop valuable skills, however, a passion for video and an outgoing personality will be extremely helpful. You will get a first-hand insight into how businesses are grown and run from an entrepreneurial perspective.
The NFA business is open 7 days a week. You’ll work full-time, completing a Level 3, Junior Content Producer Apprenticeship over a 12-18 month period with us. We are based in the village of Beaulieu in the heart of the New Forest National Park. This is where you shall be based (this is not a remote working role).
All our staff benefit from:
- Supportive colleagues, all working in a small business with a family feel
- Having a clear progression and training plan to help to grow their potential
- Access to some of our equipment and venues for training and fun, with friends and family discounts, so others can join the fun.
What you’ll need to apply:
We are looking for a motivated and honest person to join our team. If you fit the following, we’d love to hear from you:
- Ambitious and keen to learn
- Confident around people, face to face and on the phone
- Some experience with video creation, editing and publishing on social media platforms
- Good use of language and keen to learn about digital marketing
- Comfortable using computers and able to take good notes
- An ability to work effectively both individually and collaboratively as part of a team
- Have a minimum English and Maths skills equivalent to GCSE A-C or Level 4-5
What you’ll do:
Working alongside the Directors and staff team, completing your apprenticeship will allow us to continue to grow New Forest Activities as a brand. This apprenticeship is about giving you the knowledge, skills, and behaviours to document the journey of our business, from an inside perspective.
During the apprenticeship you will be required to:
- Use a range of video recording devices to capture the businesses journey
- Create storyboards and scripts for future projects or content
- Edit and cut videos to create compelling stories which add value to our community
- Plan, develop and create a whole host of engaging digital content for our audiences including, web, email and blog posts
- Post and engage on social media platforms, helping our community to understand our core values and how we can help them
- Learn how to build and promote a business using a proven marketing system
- Support the office team at busy times to ensure all our customers are looked after
- Supporting customers and activity staff with elements our activity provision
The office is open 7 days a week and you will be required to work weekends as standard, sharing this cover with other members of staff.
Your working week will be 8 hours per day, 5 days a week.
We pay £4.15 per hour initially, with a review on completion of your first six months with us.
How do I apply?
To apply for the job, you’ll need to do two things:
- Send in a copy of your CV. Primarily so I have all your contact details, but also so we can verify a little about what you have done up to this point.
- Send us a video or some interesting content about yourself, in which you tell us:
- Something about any experience you have relevant to this position
- What skills you would like to develop
- A hobby or passion you spend time on and what you get from doing this
Please note: If you possess a university degree in a similar field and/or topic to the Junior Content Producer Apprentice role, you will not be eligible to apply.
If you would like to put yourself forward for the next stage, complete the above and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, email for more information or with any questions.