The New Forest is a great place to explore for you and your four-legged friend. Dogs love The New Forest and The New Forest loves dogs!
You’ll find so many places that accept dogs, more than you could possibly find in a big city. From hotels and pubs, to family activities and of course ample walking.
We’ve put together a few suggestions on some of the best dog friendly activities in The New Forest!
- Canoeing on the Beaulieu River – it might surprise you to learn that dogs are welcome to enjoy a guided Canoeing tour with you. Sat in the stable canoe they can sit and relax whilst you paddle them about exploring this stunning river. A great activity for the whole family.
- Walking in The New Forest – it goes without saying that The New Forest is the perfect place to walk, especially with your dog. Why not pick up a New Forest map from our Booking Centre and plan a great day out exploring together!
- Explore Exbury Gardens – you and your dog could enjoy Exbury Gardens together as dogs are welcome on their leads. They can even travel on the Steam train with you! A great day out for you both!
- Enjoy a visit to a traditional forest pub – The New Forest is home to many fantastic pubs, great for food & drink! What’s even better is nearly all New Forest pubs welcome your furry friend, many have water bowls and dog treats available. Why not Paddle to the Pub for a real adventure?
- Stay for longer with dog friendly hotels – Just like pubs you’ll find many hotels in The New Forest welcome dogs over night. The Master Builders is just one of many fantastic hotels where you can enjoy a trip away with your best friend!
That’s just a few suggestions, you’ll find plenty more to do with your dog and it’s a great way to show them you care this #NationalPetMonth!