The New Forest is a great place to explore for you and your four-legged friend. Dogs love The New Forest and The New Forest loves dogs!
You’ll find so many places that accept dogs, more than you could possibly find in a big city. From hotels and Pubs, to family activities and of course ample walking.
We’ve put together a few suggestions on some of the best dog friendly activities in The New Forest!
- Canoeing on the Beaulieu River – At New Forest Activities, it might surprise you to learn that dogs are welcome to enjoy a guided Canoeing tour with you. Sat in the stable canoe they can sit and relax whilst you paddle them about exploring this stunning river. A great activity for the whole family.
- Walking in The New Forest – it goes without saying that The New Forest is the perfect place to walk, especially with your dog. Why not pick up a New Forest map from our Booking Center and plan a great day out exploring together!
- Explore Exbury Gardens – you and your dog could enjoy Exbury Gardens together as dogs are welcome on their leads. They can even travel on the Steam train with you! A great day out for you both!
- Enjoy a visit to a traditional forest pub – The New Forest is home to many fantastic pubs, great for food & drink! What’s even better is nearly all New Forest pubs welcome your furry friend, many have water bowls and dog treats available. Why not Paddle to the Pub for a real adventure?
- Stay for longer with dog friendly hotels – Just like pubs you’ll find many hotels in The New Forest welcome dogs over night. The Master Builders is just one of many fantastic hotels where you can enjoy a trip away with your best friend!
- Archery– Our Archery sessions are great for everyone and your Dog can chill out and watch in the sun or the shade, no need to leave them in the car.